With Fall here the pumpkin craze has begun and these Paper Plate Pumpkin Tambourine Shakers are exactly what your kids need! You know that you have been drinking that pumpkin latte for weeks now! So, why not create these fun musical fall crafts that will keep kids busy all fall long? Plus, make sure to check out more fall fun Paper Plate Crafts!
Paper Plate Pumpkin Tambourine Shakers
There’s nothing better than cooler weather and creating some music together as a family. Well, maybe not so musical, but it’s definitely a lot of fun. Use your imagination when it comes to creating these musical tambourine pumpkins.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Materials Needed For Pumpkin Shaker
- 2 paper plates (makes 1 tambourine)
- Orange paint
- Brown pipe cleaner (stem)
- Green construction paper (leaf)
- Shaking items (large beans, large buttons, bells)
- Stapler or Glue
How To Make A Tambourine Shaker
- The first thing you want to have your child do is paint both of their paper plates orange to make them look like pumpkins. We also added a little bit of glitter to our paint to make them sparkly! Just remember, you will find glitter everywhere and I mean everywhere later on once your kiddos begin shaking their pumpkins.
* Tip: This would be a great activity to do outside if the weather permits. That way you keep the mess outside of the house. Especially when they are shaking their tambourines and glitters sprinkles everywhere.
- Once the paint on your plates is dried completely, tape down your stem and leaf on the inside of your plates.
- Allow your child to pick items that would make fun noises such as bells, buttons, and beans.
- Cover the open area with the second plate and staple all of way around the pumpkin to keep the items from falling out.
*Tip: You could also glue the edges together, but that will take another day to dry and I know my girls would not have the patience to wait one more day.
Also, make sure that you are using large buttons and beans so that when your kiddos are making music with their tambourines the items won’t fall out.
If you decided to glue the paper plates together to make sure nothing falls out, use clothespins to hold the plates in place until they dry.
My girls had lots of fun making these easy Pumpkin Tambourine Shakers and dancing around the house! Turn on some music and let them shake to the beat!
This is the perfect activity for the classroom or to make at home for fun! This Pumpkin Tambourine Shaker craft can be used in so many ways with your children, including fine motor skills, music, pumpkin lesson, or just for pretend play.
My girls loved their pumpkin craft so much that they used it almost every day for months. So get ready for some daily music!
You Are Also Going To Love:
Did you enjoy these Paper Plate Pumpkin Tambourine Shakers? Then you will also love the following kids fall crafts I have put together for you:
Does your child enjoy making music?
*Originally published October 2013*