Next week we are starting a fun week of apple activities and book list. This easy Paper Plate Apple Tree Craft for kids will be the perfect addition to our activities next week! You only need a few materials and the kids will love it. Plus, I have collected all of our Paper Plate Crafts in one spot, so make sure to check it out for some more fall inspirations.
Paper Plate Apple Tree Craft For Kids
My youngest favorite thing to do is crafts, especially there’s paint involved. I love creating paper plate crafts and I think our apple tree turned out so cute. Plus, it was super easy to create and it was great practice for their fine motor skills and crafting creativity.
This post contains commissioned affiliate links.
Materials Needed For Apple Tree Craft
Instructions To Create Paper Plate Apple Tree
- Paint one of the paper plates green and allow to dry completely.
- Take the second paper plate and cut in form of a tree trunk, then paint brown. You could also paint the paper plate first and then trace the tree trunk and allow your child to practice fine motor skills by cutting out their own tree trunk.
- Once both plates are completely dry, staple the green plate over the tree trunk. You could also glue on the trunk, but I found that it takes a while to dry and my girls were not patient enough for that.
- Go ahead and glue your apples (pom-poms) on your tree. You can also make this a counting activity for your preschooler.
Tip: To resue your apple tree for a counting activity siply add velcro on the green paper plate and on the pom poms. This way your child could easily take them off and on. Making it a great math and fine motor skills activity.
My youngest absolutely loved making this tree and counting the pom-poms. This makes a fun, but easy activity craft to create at home or in your classroom. You can make it during spring lessons or even fall activities!
Educational Ideas with Apple Tree Craft
- Math counting
- Sorting by colors and shapes if you use larger pom-poms
- Fine motor skills practice
- Counting apples
- Learning about plants during spring
- Fall lesson when learning about the seasons changing
You Are Also Going To Love:
If your kids love this Paper Plate Apple Tree Craft, then they will also love the following apple and fun craft activities I have put together for you:
Have you started created apple crafts in your home?