Can you believe Valentine’s Day is around the corner? Instead of a card, make this easy Valentine’s Day Puzzle Heart Canvas Craft for kids.
Valentine’s Day Puzzle Heart Canvas Craft
Creating memories with our children is such an important part of being a parent.
This is why I love making crafts with my girls that they can give to loved ones.
Crafts like these make such great gifts for family members like aunts, uncles, grandparents, and parents.
It’s the perfect gift you can display and hang in your home or office. Displaying your child’s love for all to see.
Now that my girls are getting older, DIY crafts like this puzzle heart is something they enjoy making on their own and together.
I love watching their creativity flow and how much they love creating art.
This post contains affiliate links.
Where Can I Find Puzzle Heart Materials
One of my favorite places to find craft items is either a local craft store or online on Amazon!
I’m all about making things easy, so if I can order and have it delivered straight to my home that’s what I would do.
Plus, there’s no excuse for not having time to pick up materials.
Here’s a list of our favorite puzzle heart canvas materials from our Amazon affiliate shop.
Materials Needed For Valentine Puzzle Canvas DIY
- 8×8″ stretched canvas
- 100 piece puzzle
- (2) small foam paint brushes
- Bright pink and red craft paint
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks
- 8×8″ Piece of scrap paper
- Clean toothbrush
How To Make A Canvas Heart With Puzzle Pieces
If you’re looking for an easy Valentine’s Day craft to do with your kids, then you will love this.
Not only is this craft simple enough, but it’s actually very fun to make.
It’s a special craft that in the end, you don’t have to throw away, instead, you can proudly display it all year long.
- Lay an old newspaper to cover table or painting area.
- Paint the backside of each puzzle piece either pink or red (about 25 of each color) and allow to dry completely.
- Fold a piece of 8×8″ paper widthwise and cut the heart out on the folded line.
- Trace your heart lightly onto the center of your canvas. This will help with lining up the puzzles when gluing them down.
- Start carefully gluing your puzzle pieces onto the heart, do not go outside your pencil line (it helps if you place the flat edges against the sides of the heart as I show in the photo above).
- For now, don’t worry about the glue strings you leave behind. You will be cleaning these off later on once you are finished with your heart puzzle canvas. I prefer to use a hot glue gun because it will allow the puzzle pieces to stick faster.
- Once your heart is full, glue a second and third layer of puzzle pieces covering up the empty spaces.
- Clean off any hot glue strings with a clean paintbrush or a clean toothbrush.
- Display your work of art or gift it to grandparents. They love showing off their grandkid’s work.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to paint your puzzle pieces completely.
- Allow puzzle pieces to dry before gluing on the canvas.
- A white canvas helps the colors of the puzzles pop more.
- Using sponge brushes on the puzzles helps lay the color better.
Tips and Tricks:
Make sure to paint your puzzle pieces completely.
Allow puzzle pieces to dry before gluing on the canvas.
A white canvas helps the colors of the puzzles pop more.
Using sponge brushes on the puzzles helps lay the color better.
Tips and Tricks:
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about minimizing and spending less money as the years go on.
Buying Valentine’s Day cards just seem such a waste and they end up in the trash later on.
That’s why I love creating these fun easy crafts with my girls to gift to those who I know will cherish them always.
More Valentine CraftsFor Kids
Who will your kids be gifting their Puzzle Heart Canvas to?