Valentine’s Day is right the corner and my girls are all excited about creating these Valentine’s Day Heart Craft for loved ones! Any holiday that includes pink and red hearts, my girls are all about it! This easy and cute craft for kids make the perfect Valentine Day cards too!
Easy and Cute Valentine’s Day Heart Craft For Kids
Materials needed to create a Valentine’s Day Heart Craft:
- Red and pink construction paper
- Foamy sticker or non-sticker hearts
- Googly eyes
- Craft glue
- Crayons or markers
- Help your child cut out a large heart in their favorite color.
- Choosing another color and cut out 4 strips, which your child will fold into an accordion.
I personally love this exercise, because it’s so great for fine motor skills and your child really needs to pay attention when folding the paper. You might have to help them a bit, this can be a bit difficult for younger children. My oldest didn’t have any problem at all, but my youngest is only 3 needed a bit more help when folding the paper forward and backward.
- Glue or stick on the foamy hearts to the end of each accordion strip. These will be your hearts arms and legs.
- Have your child glue on the arms and legs on the heart. Glue on the googly eyes and draw a smiley mouth using a crayon or marker.
- Allow the heart to dry completely so that the arms and legs do not fall off 🙂
This was a very easy craft to create, but my girls had tons of fun making them. Especially because they could do most of all the work without my help. The girls also loved that you can make the heart dance and it’s hands and legs bounce up and down.
Follow my February Pinterest Board for some more fun Valentine’s Day Craft ideas!
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you loved this Valentine’s Day Heart Craft, then you will also love the following Valentine’s Day crafts I have put together for you:
Does your child love creating crafts for Valentine’s Day?