Easy Valentine’s Day Heart Craft for kids! Any holiday that includes pink and red hearts, my girls are all about it! These easy and cute crafts for kids make the perfect Valentine’s Day cards too!
Easy and Cute Valentine’s Day Heart Craft For Kids
When it comes to creating crafts for Valentine’s Day it can become tedious and hard.
This does not have to be the case.
Crafting with young kids can be easy and fun.
The importance is to find what your child love to do and the type of crafts they enjoy making.
Sometimes just purchasing semi-homemade crafts is what your child loves to create and that’s okay.
Materials Needed For Valentine’s Day Heart Craft
- Red and pink construction paper
- Foamy sticker or non-sticker hearts
- Googly eyes
- Craft glue
- Crayons or markers
How To Make Easy Valentine’s Day Heart Craft For Kids
- Help your child cut out a large heart in their favorite color.
- Choosing another color, cut out 4 strips, which your child will fold into an accordion. These will be the legs and arms of your heart.
I personally love this exercise, because it’s so great for fine motor skills and your child really needs to pay attention when folding the paper.
Tip: You might have to help them a bit, this can be a bit difficult for younger children. My oldest didn’t have any problem at all, but my youngest is only 3 needed a bit more help when folding the paper forward and backward.
- Glue or stick on the foamy hearts to the end of each accordion strip. These will be your heart’s hands and legs.
- Have your child glue on the arms and legs on the heart.
- Glue on the googly eyes and draw a smiley mouth using a crayon or marker.
- Allow the heart to dry completely so that the arms and legs do not fall off.
This was a very easy craft to create, but my girls had tons of fun making them.
Especially because they could do most of all the work without my help.
My girls also loved that you can make the heart dance and its hands and legs bounce up and down.
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you enjoyed these Easy and Cute Valentine’s Day Heart Craft For Kids, then you will also love the following Valentine’s Day kids crafts I have put together for you:
Does your child create crafts for Valentine’s Day?
*Originally published January 29th, 2015*