Our family is such Disney fans and probably own every Blu-ray/DVD available. Including the newest Disney animated film, so I’m sharing all the details of the Blu-ray bonus features, plus a quick Incredibles 2 Movie Review.
Incredibles 2 Movie Review and Blu-Ray Bonus Features
Our favorite superhero family is ready to be brought home on November 6th and you don’t want to miss all the amazing bonus features included. Plus, because I didn’t get a chance to attend a screening of the Incredibles 2 movie I wanted to share with you all a quick parent review and if the film is appropriate for kids.
This post contains affiliate links I received the Incredibles 2 Blu-ray/DVD. All opinions are my own.
Parent Review: Is It Appropriate For Kids?
If you are a fan of Disney*Pixar Incredibles then you are going to love Incredibles 2. My girls absolutely loved the movie and have watched it on repeat this past week every single day. You have the amazing animation of Pixar, our favorite characters, laughter, and Jack-Jack is the cutest!
My girls had seen the movie at the theater and every time I would leave my couch they would yell back at me to sit down because their favorite part was coming up. Well, apparently their favorite part is the entire film. It’s a great family movie that even mom and dad will love!
About Incredibles 2
In “Incredibles 2,” Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose super powers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side. That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
BONUS FEATURES (may vary by retailer)
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business – In this partially illustrated documentary, Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns – Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight and Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions – Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff – From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains – A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer – This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in “Incredibles 2.”
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird – Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes – At its heart, “Incredibles 2” is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby – A documentary/hip-hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation — all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary – Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist, and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator) and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” – An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao” – Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories – Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs, Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots, Toolkit Montage and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” & Commentary
Incredibles 2 is now Available on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and on Movies Anywhere. Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD,™ Blu-ray,™ DVD and On-Demand on Nov. 6
You Are Also Going To Love:
I have done a bit of research and learned that if you love this Essential Oils Vapor Rub for Cough article then you will also love the following articles I have put together for you:
Are you picking up your copy of Incredibles 2 today?
Thank you, Disney, for sending me a copy of the Incredibles 2 Blu-ray/DVD for review. All superhero opinions are my own.