One of the things that we look forward to the holidays is heading to the local theme parks to see all the Christmas decorations. One of our favorite ones is Grinchmas at Universal Studios Orlando. Which is where our Grinch Paper Plate Craft idea came from. For us, it’s not Christmas without the Grinch! Make sure to check out some more fun holiday Paper Plate Crafts I’ve gathered from our site.
Grinch Paper Plate Craft
We loved how our Santa Grinch craft came out and they look so festive hanging in our home. We are definitely voting for a Grinch tree next year and it should be a fun one to make. The best part is this Grinch Paper Plate Craft is super easy to make and your kiddos will love it!
This post contains affiliate links.
Materials needed to make Grinch craft
- Paper plate
- Green paint
- Paint Brush
- Black and red marker
- Yellow construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Red felt
- Craft glue
- Paint one side of your paper plate green and allow to completely dry.
- Using a piece of red felt, cut out a large triangle and a smaller triangle. This will help the Grinch’s Santa hat look like it’s bending down.
- Glue the smaller triangle to the large triangle, like the picture shown above. Then fold over and glue down.
- Attach the Santa hat to your green paper plate. Add cotton balls at the bottom of your hat and one on the tip.
- Cut out yellow eyes from construction paper and draw the inner part with a red marker.
- To finish off the Grinch face just use a black marker to draw his mouth, nose, and eyebrows.
This was definitely one of those super easy, but really fun crafts to make! I love being able to decorate my home with my girl’s crafts. Believe me when I say that they do as well!
Some of our favorite Grinch books
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- A Colorful Christmas
- Who Likes Christmas?
- The Grinch’s Great Big Flap Book
- A Wonderful Awful Sticker Book
- I Am Max
- My Book About Christmas
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you loved this Grinch Paper Plate Craft, then you will also love the following holiday crafts I have put together for you:
Do you love the Grinch too?