Welcome to another fun month of Poppins Book Nook with this months theme Caldecott Honor Books! My girls absolutely loved going through my books and looking for the Caldecott seal on it. In the end, they chose Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type and decided to create a Cow Paper Plate Mask they could use while reading the book. Check this out for more Paper Plate Craft.
Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type Cow Paper Plate Mask
One of the things that my girls love the most is dressing up and pretend play. This is something that they do every single day! They were super excited to create a fun craft that they were able to use for play rather than hanging up for display.
This post may contain commissioned affiliate links.
Materials needed to create your Click, Clack, Moo Paper Plate Mask
- Paper Plate
- Black, white, and pink construction paper
- Craft glue (I recommend glue stick so it doesn’t leave a mark)
- Black paint
- Flat paintbrush
- Googley eyes
- Craft sticks
- Black marker
Instructions to create cow masks
- The first thing I do is prepare all of our materials on our art table, cut out pieces for my youngest, and draw out pieces for my oldest daughter to cut out herself.
- Paint your cow’s spot on your paper plate. You can you a paintbrush or a flat brush. If you don’t want to use paint you could also tear out some black construction paper to make your spots.
- Glue your cow’s ears, mouth, and eyes on your paper plate.
- Tape your craft stick to the back of your cow. We use tape rather than glue because it seems to make the mask sturdier and the girls don’t have to wait for it to dry before they can play.
We had lots of fun creating our cow masks that go perfectly when reading Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type!
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you love these Click Clack Moo Cows That Type Paper Plate Craft, then you will also love the following paper plate crafts I have put together for you:
Which Caldecott Honor book did you choose this month?