Handprint and Footprint Turkey Kids Craft Canvas which can be hung up all throughout the Fall Season.
Handprint and Footprint Turkey Kids Craft Canvas
I’m a huge fan of handprints and footprints kids’ crafts!
I remember doing them every month in the classroom with my students, and I have to say that it was the messiest of all projects, but I think the one they enjoyed doing the most and the one the parents treasured the most.
At home, it’s no different!
I haven’t created many crafts with my girl’s handprints or footprints lately, so I thought it was time to create one of my favorite ones.
Materials needed to make your Handprint and Footprint Turkey Kids Craft Canvas:
Contains affiliate links.
- Small canvas
- Craft paint (red, orange, yellow, brown) – I liked to use Crayola water-base paint because it comes off easily.
- Googly eyes
- Red and orange construction paper
- Craft glue
- Fall ribbon
How To Make Turkey Handprint Art With Kids
Make sure you have everything you need for your handprinting part.
When those little hands are painted, believe me, you do not want to be getting up to grab something.
I also used both hands when hand-printing the canvas.
I then washed both hands in the sink and painted the last handprint.
- Paint your child’s left hand first on the canvas, and tilt the hand slightly when printing on the left and right prints.
- Then paint the right hand and print towards the right side of the canvas.
- The last handprint will be right in the middle between the other two, and it should be a tad higher than the other two so that you can see it once you add the footprint. For this hand you also want all the fingers together, not spread apart like the previous prints.
- Using one foot, paint the entire bottom of the foot, including the toes. You want to make sure that the footprint is nice and clear.
- I line up the heel on the canvas and slowly work my way up and press down on the foot.
- Make sure to have some wipes nearby or get ready to carry your little one to the bathroom.
- Cut a triangle out of orange construction paper and a waddle from red construction paper.
- Allow your kiddos to glue down their googly eyes, beak, and waddle over their footprint.
- If you want to hang your kid’s beautiful artwork canvas, take two strips of ribbon that are the same length and staple them on the back.
- I stapled it four times to ensure the ribbon stayed straight when hung.
- Lay your canvas flat and tie a bow on the ribbon.
- Find the perfect spot and hang your beautiful artwork for everyone to see!
Follow my Pinterest Board November – Fall & Thanksgiving Ideas for more ideas!
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you loved these Handprint and Footprint Turkey Canvas Craft, then you will also love the following turkey and fall crafts I have put together for you:
What are you looking forward to the most on Thanksgiving Day?
*Originally published on November 20th, 2013*