November is here and that means lots of turkey and Thanksgiving crafts! Unfortunately, it’s been so busy that I haven’t had the chance to share with you all the fun crafts we have been doing weekly. Here is an easy and fun Paper Plate Turkey Kids Craft my girls really enjoyed making.
Contains affiliate links.
Paper Plate Turkey Kids Craft
Supplies you will need for your Paper Plate Turkey Craft:
- Paper plates
- Brown craft paint
- Orange, red, and brown construction paper
- Paint brushes
- Googly eyes large
Start by painting one side of the paper plate completely brown. Allow the paint on your turkey to dry completely.
While your paint is drying you can get your pieces for the turkey ready.
- Cut out a diamond shape from the orange construction paper that you will fold in half to create the turkey’s beak.
- Using the red construction paper cut out the turkey’s snood (yes, that’s what the red thing hanging from the turkey’s beak is called).
- With the orange construction paper cut out two long strips, which you will fold like an accordion
- Cut out feet for your turkey using the brown construction paper and glue down on the end of each orange accordion paper strip
Once your paint is completely dry glue down your turkey’s googly eyes, beak, and snood right on the plate.
To attach our feathers and legs we used tape, but you can also use craft glue. By this point the girls wanted their feathers added to the plate and did not want to wait until the glue was dry to play with their turkey’s. If you want to tape your feathers turn your plate around and lay all the feathers on the plate, making sure that they are sticking out over the top of the plate. Take a few strips of tape over the feathers to secure on the plate.
Glue or tape down the turkey’s legs at the bottom of the plate.
The girls really had a lot of fun making and playing with these silly paper plate turkey’s. Check out our Feathered Clothespin Turkey too!
Have you started on turkey crafts yet?