Essential oils seem to be getting a lot of attention lately. We have been using essential oils for a few years now and can say that we absolutely love it. Especially when making my own recipes. Like this easy DIY Natural Hand Sanitizer Spray with Essential Oils! The recipe that I am going to share with you is the recipe I used for my mom’s cruise getaway last month. I carried this bottle everywhere I went and even sprayed everything in our room when we arrived.
This post may contain affiliate links.
DIY Natural Hand Sanitizer Spray with Essential Oils
Another way that I love using my Thieves Hand Sanitizer is by spraying it on tables at theme parks and then cleaning with a paper towel. I call it my Germs Be Gone miracle! Plus, it smells like Fall!
Ingredients need to create your own hand sanitizer:
- 4 oz Glass spray bottle (NOT plastic)
- Distilled water (half of the bottle)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil (not necessary, but it will make your hands feel nice and soft)
- 20 drops of Thieves Young Living Oil
Step One: Pour the sea salt into your empty glass bottle. Make sure that you only use a glass bottle, oils draw toxins out of our bodies and it will do the same for plastic items.
Step Two: Add your 20 drops of Thieves essential oils into the bottle so that the salt soaks it up. Wait a few minutes.
Step Three: Add your distilled water filling your bottle half the way.
Step Four: Add your coconut oil to the bottle. This is not necessary, but it will give your mixture some vitamin E, so your hands will feel nice and soft. Don’t worry, you’re only adding a little bit, so the coconut oils will not harden.
I think this is such a great and safe homemade sanitizer that I even let the girls spray each other whenever they need it on their hands.
Here are some of our favorite Essential Oils to use at home:
- Thieves Essential Oil – great for killing germs and smells like Fall
- Purification Essential Oil – great for making smells go away and purifying the air
- Lavendar Essential Oil – great for relaxing and sleeping
- RC Essential Oil – great for snoring and for chest congestion
- Christmas Spirit Essential Oil – smells like Christmas
- Lemon Essential Oil – great for cleaning floors
- Peppermint Essential OIl – perfect for cleaning floors and nausea
Your Are Also Going To Love:
If you love this Hand Sanitizer Essential Oil recipe, then you will also love the following Essential Oils blog posts I have put together for you:
Do you despise germs as much as I do?
Disclaimer: I only recommend high-quality therapeutic-grade Young Living Essential Oils for ingestion. These are not everyday oils that you can find at the store. This is also what has worked for me and my family, this is in no way to take away from what is suggested from your doctor. I am not a doctor and I am not promising any healing or medicinal advice. I just love therapeutic oils and love sharing how we use them at home. These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. Contains Affiliate links.