Love Bug Valentine’s Day Card Craft for kids will brighten up the winter gloom and get you in the mood for Valentine’s Day. They will love making these sweet cards for family and friends.
Love Bug Valentine’s Day Card Craft
I sat down with my preschool-aged daughter to complete this activity, but it is a fun project for kids of all ages to enjoy making.
It is perfect to sit down and make together indoors on a chilly winter afternoon.
*A Guest Post From Crafty Kids At Home*
Materials Needed To Make Valentine’s Day Card
- Set of 4 Heart Cookie Cutters
- Red, purple and pink construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Heart-shaped buttons
- A sheet of paper or thin card
How To Make Love Bug Valentine’s Day Card Craft
If you are doing this activity with a toddler or preschooler, then cut out the hearts before you sit down to make your card.
Then cut the q-tip into two pieces and attach these to the back of the largest heart using sticky tape.
Young children can have short attention spans and they will want to get straight down to the jobs that they can do.
Older children may prefer to draw round and cut out their own hearts.
- 1 x large heart
- 2 x second-largest hearts
- 2 x smallest hearts
- 2 x second smallest hearts
- Fold a sheet of white paper or card in half and glue down the largest heart into the center of the card, followed by the second largest heart inside of this one.
- Complete your Love Bug’s face with googly eyes, pom for the nose, and add on a smile with a pen.
- Moving onto the wings next, take the largest of the remaining hearts and glue these to either side of the Love Bug’s body, followed by the remaining two hearts.
- We finished our wings off with a heart-shaped button. If you don’t have any to hand then an ordinary button would do the job just as well.
- Cut two rectangular strips of construction paper and fold them back and forth several times to make some wobbly legs to add to your Love Bug.
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you loved these Love Bug Valentine’s Card crafts, then you will also love the following Valentine’s Day crafts I have put together for you:
What are your favorite Valentine’s Day crafts?
*Originally published on January 26th, 2016 as a guest post*