For some reason, we just can’t seem to stay ahead of the seasonal crafts this year, but it’s definitely one of my girl’s favorite things to do. Just this week my youngest asked me to make some type of bunny craft, so here is an Easy Paper Plate Bunny Craft for Kids that you can make in just a few minutes! Plus, you probably have most materials at home.
Post contains commissioned affiliate links.
Easy Paper Plate Bunny Craft for Kids
Easter is right around the corner and this paper plate bunny craft is the cutest thing for spring. Not only is it an easy and fun craft, but it’s perfect for kids fine motor skills and creativity.
Materials needed to create your Bunny Craft:
- Paper plate
- Cotton balls
- Googly eyes
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Pink pom poms
- White and pink construction paper
- Craft glue
- Cover the paper plate with craft glue and have your child glue down cotton balls on the plate. You want to cover the entire plate with cotton balls to create a fluffy bunny.
- As you can see by the picture above my daughter absolutely loved the sensory texture of the cotton balls. In fact as soon as my 5 years old walked in from her activities all she did was rub the bunny. They both loved the texture and how it created a fluffy bunny!
- Cut out bunny ears with white and pink construction paper. Glue the smaller pink ears over the larger white earpieces.
- Attach your ears to your paper plate to secure in the plate.
- Attach googly eyes, whiskers, and nose on your bunny.
To create the whiskers we cut out two pipe cleaners into four small pieces each. We used three pieces and secured together by twisting them together. You will have two pieces of pipe cleaners left that you can save for a craft later on.
Sometimes I get asked, “Why so many crafts?” Well, the answer is simple! Kids love crafts, I mean look at my daughters face when she photobombed my picture! Plus, it’s an amazing way for kids to be creative and it allows them to practice fine motor skills while learning to use scissors and glue. These are just a few reasons why craft is so important! But above all, kids just love it!
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you loved this Easter Bunny Craft, then you will also love the following crafts I have put together for you:
Do your kids love to craft?