This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s been so crazy around here with summer ending, birthday celebrations, and getting back into the homeschooling routing that I completely forgot to share with all of you what we will be using this year as Our Homeschool Curriculum 2015-2016.
Our Homeschool Curriculum 2015-2016
Some of our curriculum we will be working on it together. Especially science, arts, history, and foreign language. The girls are super excited to have started a brand new year with new books and some new curriculums. I would have to say that the most excited is my youngest! She is just over the moon to be apart of our homeschooling schedule this year!
Some of our curriculum is created by our homeschooling program that we are apart of. It is a private school for homeschoolers and she absolutely loves being able to get together with other homeschooling children her age to share their love of education and everything they have learned at home during the week.
1st Grade Curriculum
- Art: Together we will be creating art projects based on seasons, holidays, and our literature books and our history books. She will also be working on The Usborne Step-by-Step Drawing Book, which she has been begging me to do.
- Bible: Along with our homeschooling program we will be doing Seeds Family Worship: The Word of God
- Handwriting: Zaner-Bloser Handwriting and Calvert Writing Fun
- Literature: We will be doing read-alouds and finishing off our First Grade Calvert Curriculum from last year. Find a list of our books below.
- Math: We are finishing off Singapore Math 1A-1B and then starting Math U See Beta.
- History: We will be doing The Baroque World and Colonial America with our homeschooling program as well. This will also tie in with our arts.
- Phonics: Calvert Phonics 1st grade (still looking for something for the second half of our school year)
- Reading: Finishing off Houghton Mifflin and then starting All About Reading Level 2.
- Spelling: Spelling Connections 1 Zaner-Bloser and All About Spelling Level 2.
- Science: Science a Close Look Level 1 Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, our local Zoo Homeschooling Program, and The Usborne Science Encyclopedia for references in our lessons.
- Spanish: Whistlefritz Spanish
- P.E.: Hip Hop Dance Class and Football in the Fall (she has been begging me to play again)
I’m also deciding if I want to add Geography to this! Learning about The Baroque World and Colonial America would be a great tie in to this!
First I want to say that I know that my preschooler does need a curriculum! Believe me… I know! I’m a former preschool, Pre-K, and Elementary school teacher. I would prefer her to play and have fun, but has her mind made up that she wants to be apart of school and have her own books. I think that it’s fantastic that she wants to start learning at a more advance pace, but still have fun!
- Art: She will be doing most of the same art as my first grader. She will also be working on The Usborne Animal Alphabet Activity Book.
- Reading: All About Reading Pre-Reading
- Preschool: She will be doing fun weekly themed printables and lots of puzzles. (3 Dinosaurs, Confessions of a Homeschooler)
- Math: Lots of hands on manipulative with counting bear, unifex cubes, tangrams and more! Math Practice for Beginners PreK/K Teacher Creative Resources
- Spanish:Whistlefritz Spanish
- P.E.: Ballet and Tap Dance
She will also be joining us for anything else that she would like! Most of the time she sits down with us for history, science, and bible. She really loves learning!
There is our full homeschool curriculum this year! We are having a lot of fun with it already and can’t wait to really dig in!
Looking for some fun Free Educational Printables to add to your daily lessons or curriculum? Check out my Pinterest Board Free Educational Printables!
What will you all be using this year?