I was invited to attend a special screening of MOANA at Disney’s Polynesian and to view their newest Villas & Bungalows.
My family was so excited that we got the opportunity to attend a Moana Event and take a sneak peek into Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows a few weeks back. Especially since I had just returned from my LA Moana press trip!
Moana Event and Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
My girls always love attending local events with me and I love having them apart of what I do. This event was a little bit special because they had the opportunity to see Disney’s newest film Moana at an early screening at Disney’s Polynesian. As always, we never know what Disney has up their sleeve when we attend these events, but you can guarantee that something special always happens!
We started the event with a delicious Polynesian inspired meal and desserts. It’s always fun to see other local friends who share the same Disney passion and love as you do!
After dinner we had the awesome opportunity to meet Moana herself! She is now at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for photos and autographs! Believe me, if your kids love the movie, then they are going to love meeting Moana!
We also had the opportunity to meet the screenwriter of Moana, Jared Bush who spoke to us a little bit about the movie and what was in store for us later that evening.
Make sure to check out my full review on Disney’s Moana!!
After meeting with Moana and before the movie screening we were able to check out one of Disney’s newest addition to the Polynesian, their Villas & Bungalows! These are absolutely beautiful and if you want to know what $2900 a night looks like, take a look at some of my photos below!
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, the newest addition to the growing Disney Vacation Club portfolio, delivers the spirit of the South Pacific coupled with fun Disney touches to create a resort that only Disney Vacation Club can provide. Near the picturesque white-sand shore of Seven Seas Lagoon, these new accommodations are located a quick monorail ride to the enchanting Magic Kingdom Park, and steps away from the various world-class amenities available at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, one of the original Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Transporting guests to a tropical haven, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows reflects the classic features and atmosphere of its sister resort hotel with authentic South Pacific styling and whimsical details. The Polynesian theming and detailed architecture of this resort are visible from the minute guests step into the Great Ceremonial House, the resort’s re-imagined lobby. A large Tiki statue welcomes guests with outstretched arms as it sits on a lava rock water feature. A charming chandelier inspired by Polynesian native navigational instruments, including bamboo finishes and glass globes gives the lobby an even more authentic feel.
The following are some of the many features that can be found in the resort’s 20 two-bedroom, two-bath over-the-water Bungalows:
- Artwork – Pops of color combined with classic mid-century modern style are found throughout the Bungalows, along with tropical hanging lanterns on the back deck, and special artwork on the wall and pullout beds.
- Living Room – Offering one queen-size sleeper sofa, one pull-down bunk-size bed with custom artwork, flat panel TV, ceiling fan, one broad area rug and glass doors that open up to the back deck.
- Full Kitchen – Including dinnerware, coffee maker, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, oven, refrigerator, dishwasher and volcanic rock-inspired countertops.
- Master Bedroom – Featuring a king-size bed, ceiling fan, flat panel TV, custom artwork, two nightstands and windows overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Master Bathroom – Connected to the master bedroom, the master bath includes a walk-in shower with rain showerhead, whirlpool tub, toilet and in-mirror TV.
- Second Bedroom – Featuring one queen-size bed, one pull-down bunk-size bed, flat panel TV, ceiling fan and two nightstands.
- Second Bathroom – Separated into 2 sections – one with a tub/shower combo and vanity, and a second area offering a powder room with toilet and vanity.
- Private Deck – Private back deck runs the full width of the Bungalow and features a plunge pool, lounge furniture and speakers designed to play the soundtrack in sync with the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks.
- Plunge Pool – Located on back deck, a handrail and steps lead into the plunge pool, offering views of Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Laundry – Stacked washer and dryer in each Bungalow.
The new resort features Villa accommodations that sleep anywhere from five to eight guests, providing enhanced flexibility and choice to members (fully accessible Villas are available).
Deluxe Studios – Sleeps up to 5 guests
Bungalows – Sleeps up to 8 guests
To book the Polynesian Villas & Bungalow just visit Disney’s website!
Make sure to go see Moana in theaters now!!