Hotel Transylvania 3 is finally available today October 9th on Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital! My girls are huge fans of the monster movie and were super excited to celebrate this past weekend with a fun movie night. Check out our Hotel Transylvania 3 Candy Corn Popcorn Recipe! Inspired by Johnny, Mavis, and my hubby’s favorite Blobby! A good movie like this deserves a delicious special popcorn recipe. Plus, make sure to head to the bottom to enter for a chance to win your own copy! Thank you, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Jazwares, for sending us a Hotel Transylvania 3 Movie Night Kit! All spooky monster opinions are our own. Post contains affiliate links.
Hotel Transylvania 3 Candy Corn Popcorn Recipe and Movie Night Ideas
One of our favorite things to do as a family is to have weekly movie nights. Both my husband, myself, and our girls are movie fans. We enjoy being able to curl up on the couch together with a yummy snack and just enjoy a movie. To our surprise, when we received this fun coffin filled with Hotel Transylvania 3 Blu-Ray/DVD, toys, activities, costumes, and activities we were all over the moon. The full moon that is!
Even though the weather still hasn’t cooled off here in Florida, we just had to set up our first movie night outdoors. It’s the first night we get some good “fall” weather. Well, as cool as it’s going to get for us here. We brought all of our back porch furniture outdoors, had the girls set up their sleeping bags on the floor, and set up all of our snacks to enjoy a fun night.
Hotel Transylvania 3 Movie Night Activities and Must-Haves
- Create A DIY Murray Lantern Kit
- Put Together A DIY Dracustraws
- Pumpkin Stencils and carving tools
- Branded popcorn for viewing party
- Scary-Oke Sing-Alongs Flier with lyrics
- “I See Love” Monster Dance Party Dance Along – Flier with Macarena instructions
- Vampire Makeover: Mavis and Drac Tutorial
- Toys from Jazwares
- Fun Hotel Transylvania 3 Inspired Decor
To see all the fun goodies we received from Sony Pictures and Jazwares head on over to Instagram and check out our IGTV Unboxing Video.
Click The Photo Above To Print Your Free Hotel Transylvania 3 Pumpkin Stencils
Hotel Transylvania 3 Candy Corn Popcorn Recipe
We were so excited to see that we received special branded Hotel Transylvania 3 popcorns. Of course, we just had to create something fun inspired by the film. We couldn’t’ agree on just one character popcorn recipes, so we decided to mix all three of our favorite characters into one snack! I think they turned out super cute and tasted absolutely delicious!
- 12 Cups of popped popcorn ( 4 cups for each color )
- 1 1/2 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter ( 1/2 C in each saucepan )
- 3 Cups sugar ( 1 C in each saucepan )
- 3/4 Cups light corn syrup ( 1/4 C in each saucepan )
- 1 1/2 tsp salt. ( 1/2 tsp in each saucepan )
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( 1/2 tsp in each saucepan )
- 1 tsp Green food coloring
- 1 tsp Orange food coloring
- 1 tsp. Purple food coloring
- 2 tsp Orange candy oil flavoring
- 2 tsp. Green apple candy oil flavoring
- 2 tsp. Grape oil flavoring
- 2 tsp baking soda ( 1/4 each bowl )
- Pop your popcorn and set to the side. You are going to do 1 color at a time, so you need to divide your popcorn into 3 different piles
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add your butter first and melt.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup, food coloring, and salt into the saucepan.
- Bring to boil while stirring. Once at a boil allow cooking without stirring for two minutes.
- Add your candy flavoring and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and set to the side.
- Add your popcorn to a sealable bowl, we used about 4 cups of popped popcorn for each color.
- Pour your candy coating on the popcorn. Seal the lid and shake the bowl to evenly coat.
- Pour your popcorn on a baking sheet that you have covered with parchment paper.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps for each color and then mix all colors together in a big bowl and toss to combine.
This Drac Spookie Smoothie Recipe would be the perfect addition to our popcorn recipe!
We just had to create this delicious and colorful popcorn snack! My girls gobbled every bit of the popcorn before I even got a chance to snap a photo. I guess that’s what happens when you get distracted by such a fun movie. Even the hubby was enjoying himself. Plus, when you pick up your copy of Hotel Transylvania 3 on Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital Combo Pack it includes tons of amazing extra features.
Bonus Materials Includes
- Three All-New Scary-Oke Sing-Alongs: Sing along to three Hotel Transylvania 3 inspired songs with your favorite characters!
- “Dennis Had a Giant Dog” – Sung by Dennis & Winnie
- “Monsters Like to Party Down” – Sung by Johnny
- “Oh These Wolf Pups” – Sung by Wanda Werewolf
- Plan Your Own Spook-tacular Sleepover: This feature will give you all the details on how to make your own sleepover spook-tacular! From snacks to crafts to games and more, follow these steps to create a Hotel T sleep-over with your friends and family, the perfect setting to binge watch all 3 Hotel Transylvania movies.
- Vampire Make Over: Mavis and Drac Tutorial: Learn how to turn yourself into your favorite Hotel Transylvania 3 characters.
- Behind the Screams – The Voices of Hotel Transylvania 3: Step behind the “screams” with the returning stars and hilarious new cast to see how these characters are brought to life in the recording booth.
- Johnny’s Home Movies (Franchise Recap): Johnny brings viewers up to speed on what’s happened in the Hotel Transylvania franchise so far.
- “I See Love” Monster Dance Party Dance Along: Get up and get moving to this haunting monster mash.
- Drac’s Zing-tastic Read Along: It’s storytime with your favorite characters have a silly tale about Drac’s search for a Zing! Read along or sit back and enjoy!
- Two Mini Movies (rated G): Two mini-features that will have you howling.
- Goodnight Mr. Foot
About Hotel Transylvania 3
HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 3 is filled with more than an hour of engaging bonus materials including three “All-New Scary-Oke Sing-Alongs,” a monster dance party dance along to “I See Love” by Joe Jonas featuring Jonas Blue, plus a fun zing-tastic read along with Drac. Families can enjoy all the frightful fun with a “Plan Your Own Spook-tacular Sleepover” feature and “Vampire Make Over: Mavis and Drac Tutorial,” and go behind-the-scenes to explore the amazing talent who bring these characters to life in “Behind the Screams – The Voices of Hotel Transylvania 3.
Follow Hotel Transylvania 3
Who’s your child’s favorite Hotel Transylvania 3 characters?