This is a sponsored brand ambassador post with Find Your Influence and LifeLock. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.
Summer is suppose to be filled with fun, adventures, and family time. Identity theft is the last thing on your mind and it can be with LifeLock.
Summer is here and many families are heading out on vacation. Protecting yourself and your family of Identity Theft is definitely the last thing on anyone’s mind. When we go on vacation we put our life’s on hold, but unfortunately criminals do not. On the contrary, they see this as an opportunity to take advantage because families are letting their guard down while they enjoy their summer!
There are many ways to make sure that you are protecting yourself during vacation and family times. Here are a few tips to help you out when heading out this summer.
Before you Leave:
- Call your bank and credit card companies
- Stop your mail with your post office
- Clean out your wallet
- Pay your bills before you leave
- Don’t tell the world your traveling
For me number 5 is a biggie! With technology and social networking now a days I can tell you when family and friends are not at home. I don’t understand why you would want to share that kind of information, but remember that even though you are doing it just to share your vacation excitement, there are other people watching that just waiting for that opportunity.
LifeLock provides 3 layers of protection:
- Detect: They monitor over a trillion data points 24/7/365, searching for identity threats to our members.
- Alert: With the patented LifeLock Identity Alert® system, as soon as we detect a threat to your identity you’ll be notified by text, phone or email, to help stop criminals before they do damage to your identity.† **
- Restore: If your identity is ever compromised, our Certified Resolution Specialists will handle your case every step of the way. And it’s all backed by our $1 Million Total Service Guarantee.
LifeLock has graciously offered a giveaway to their new book Stolen Identity: What Anyone with a Name, Birthdate and Social Security Number Needs to Know Now. Just enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win!
Book Description: Identity theft is one of the most widespread and fast-evolving crimes, but many people don’t realize that it goes far beyond having a credit card number stolen. It can jeopardize your healthcare, block you from receiving the tax refund you’re due, interfere with a job or loan, and even run up debt for your children or elderly parents. Learn more about the alarming ways identity in which thieves operate today and what you can do to reduce your chances of having your identity stolen.
To purchase your own copy click HERE.
Make sure to also take advantage of the 10% off promo code LifeLockSafety. Visit their website HERE and find the perfect protection plan for you and your family.
Are you and your family protected?