One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s super easy and yummy to make, but the best part is that it only takes 1 bowl to mix everything together and your baking dish! This is a great recipe to get the kids in the kitchen helping 🙂 Just not promising that they will be able to keep their little hands out of the Nutella jar, I know my girls didn’t!
- 1/2 cup of melted butter (I use non dairy Earth's Best)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (I use non dairy Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 3 spoonfuls of Nutella to swirl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take your 8x8 baking pan cover with butter and sprinkle a bit of flour over or you can use non stick cooking spray. I like the taste of butter underneath better!
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 50 seconds on high power.
- Wait a minute or two before adding the eggs. Once butter has cooled off a bit add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour and stir until just combined.
- Add your chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour your batter into your 8x8 pan. Make sure your batter is even on top.
- Using a large spoon add your Nutella on the batter in rows. You can add as much as you like.
- Using a toothpick, chopsticks, or a straw swirl the Nutella in your batter. This is the fun part for the kiddos!
- Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes, or until done. To make sure they are done, insert a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean.
Ommit Nutella or substitute with Sunbutter to convert into a Non Dairy Recipe!
What’s your favorite Chocolate Chip Recipe?