I’m so excited that The Little Mermaid in-home release is finally here and we get to bring her home once again. I also have all of the Blu-ray details and bonus features included.
The Little Mermaid In-Home Release
I remember watching Disney’s The Little Mermaid with my younger siblings. Ariel was my youngest sisters favorite Disney princess at the time. I would sit down in our living room and memorized each and every song in the film. I was the coolest big sister ever! Which now just helps me be the coolest Disney mom!
Especially since sharing with my daughter my Mark Henn experience, video interview, and all the advice he had for her on following her dreams in becoming a Disney or Pixar animator when she grows up. Here’s her own sketch of Ariel, after she studied Mark Henn’s sketch which Disney sent to us as a gift.
Thank you, Disney, for allowing me to attend The Ralph Breaks the Internet Event in LA and The Little Mermaid In-Home release event. This post contains affiliate links.
All-New Bonus Features
The Little Mermaid Blu-ray and Digital Includes
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel)as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some of the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker, and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
If you’re a big fan of Disney classic films then you need to make sure to bring home The Little Mermaid in Blu-ray and Digital! Especially, if you’re kiddos haven’t watched it yet.
Bring The Little Mermaid Home In Blu-ray and Digital on February 26th!
Has your family watched The Little Mermaid?