- 3/4 cup of non dairy milk (we use Organic Soy Milk)
- 2 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 cup of flour or whole wheat flour for a healthier version
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon of melted vegan butter (we use Earth Balance)
- A little bit of extra butter on the side or you can use cooking spray
Lets get cooking!
- To make your buttermilk first take the non dairy milk and mix in a small bowl with the vinegar. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- While your Buttermilk is getting ready add all your dry ingredients the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- After at least 5 minutes whisk your egg and melted butter with your buttermilk.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, or vice versa. I've done it both ways and they still come out fluffy and delicious! Whisk your batter until smooth.
- Make sure your pan is nice and hot. I usually leave mine around medium high when adding my first batch and then turn down to medium for the rest.
- Add a little bit of your side butter, it should be sizzling to let you know it's ready for your batter 🙂
- Cook your pancakes until bubbly and then flip over to get a nice golden color.
- Serve with syrup or with honey. My girls love their pancakes with honey. Cut up some fresh fruit and enjoy!!
Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do! Let me know what you think 🙂