Books are such an important of summer break and I’ve created this list of the Best Books For 7 Year Old Girls heading into the first grade. Hopefully this list will keep your reader excited about books all summer long.
Best Books For 7 Year Old Girls | All Year Long
I’m lucky that both of my girls love to read and it could be to the fact that I read to them every day even before they were born. Opening a book allows our brain to create a new world, take us to far off places, and allows our imagination to run wild. Taking us away from the real world.
It’s an escape to an imaginative world that doesn’t involve any electronics, but our own imagination. As a former teacher reading is one of the few things that I don’t negotiate with. Whether we’re on vacation or summer break.
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type – Paper Plate Craft
- Green Eggs and Ham
- The Giving Tree
- A Bad Case of Stripes
- Emily’s First 100 Days of School
- Lily’s Purple Plastic Purse
- Don’t Let The Pigeon Stay Up Late
- The Night Before First Grade
Level Reading Books
- Unicorn Wings
- The Little Mermaid
- Outside My Window
- DC Superhero Girls
- The Incredible Elastigirl
How Long Should Kids Read Every Day?
The length of your child’s daily reading really depends on their age, but I would suggest a minimum of 30 minutes a day for kids who are 7 and older. Younger kids who need help reading should read for at least 15 minutes a night, but realistically it might be longer because they are still sounding out words and letter sounds. Make sure to be encouarging and never force your child to read. You want them to be love it, not see it as a chore.
- Magic Tree House Series
- Baby Mouse Graphic Novel
- Rainbow Magic Series
- Junie B. Jones First Grade Collection
- Amelia Bedelia
- Charlotte’s Web
- Princess Posey Series
- Missy’s Super Series
- The Never Girls Collection by Disney
How To Encourage Kids To Read
Encouraging kids to read with a positive tone is the most important part of making sure your kids see it as a fun activity and not a chore. Here are a few tips that can help encouarge your child to read more often and daily.
- Allow them to choose books that they want to read.
- Take them to the library or book store to choose their own books. You can always guide them to read age-appropriate books, but make sure that they are choosing a book they will enjoy to read.
- Use positive re-enforcements. I have a fun Summer Bingo game that you can use all-year long to encourage kids to read. Once they have bingo make sure to reward with a fun treat or surprise.
- Set a reading timer for at least 30 minutes.
- Create a fun reading nook or reading spot to make it more cozy.
- Create activities to go with your book. I have several crafts that were inspired by books my girls have read. Encourage your child to read the book and at the end create a craft or recipe inspired by their book.
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you loved this list of Best Books for 7 7-Year-Old Girls, then you will also love the following book lists I have put together for you: