These 4th of July Patriotic Pails Candle Holders Craft are perfect for lighting up the night while celebrating with family and friends! Summer is finally here and that means lots of outdoor fun! Including celebrating Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.
4th of July Patriotic Pails Candle Holders Craft
I’m always looking to create crafts that my girls can be a part of as well, especially if it’s a craft I will be using for an event.
This year we are celebrating the 4th of July at the beach and we are taking these cut patriotic pails and candle holders with us!
It was the perfect addition to our decorations while watching fireworks over the beach.
Plus, they also allowed family and friends to know exactly where we were sitting.
What Do You Need To Make 4th of July Patriotic Pails Candle Holders Craft?
The best part is you can purchase everything at the Dollar Tree or Dollar section at Target!
Saving you money and creating something fun you can re-use every year.
- Pack of red, white, and blue mini pails
- Red and white bakers string
- Small nail
- Thick paper cup to insert in the pail for sturdiness (optional)
- Electronic flameless tealight candles
How To Make Patriotic Pails Candle Holders For The 4th Of July
Although, this was a fun craft to make with your kids, make sure you are using safety precautions.
It’s a great lesson to teach. your kids to create fun crafts rather than always buying them.
- Decide if you want to freehand or trace a design with a pencil on the pail. For this craft, I designed a star, fireworks, and the word “4th”
- You can make the pail extra stable by cradling it between something steady.
- Carefully hold the nail to the pail and hammer to poke a hole. Do not hammer too hard or you will make a dent.
Safety Caution ** Careful not to put your fingers on the inside of the pail while doing this** You can use a thick paper cup, or something else you think may work, inside of the pail. It will help you keep your fingers out of it and make it steadier.
- Continue to make holes until the desired shape is reached.
- To hang the pails along a fence, use the baker’s string.
- Wrap the string around the fence with some slack, hang a pail, and repeat.
Tip ** If you want to use regular tea light candles, use the pails on a safe, steady table.
Caution ** Do not use regular candles while hung on the fence. It is dangerous and it will burn through the string.
When night falls, the light will shine through the holes showing your artwork!
How pretty do they look above?
Who said fireworks should be the only thing lighting up the sky on the 4th of July!
These patriotic pails are perfect for illuminating outdoor areas any time of the year!
You can easily create them for all kinds of celebrations.
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you loved this 4th of July Patriotic Pails Candle Holders Craft, then you will also love the following articles I have put together for you:
What are your plans for the 4th of July?
*First published May 23, 2018.*